Image Map ">

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ten Pin Linky - Writing Ideas

I am back!  After battling bronchitis for over a month and a half, LOTS of computer problems, and numerous vein surgeries (and subsequent blood clots) this summer, I am finally feeling up to blogging again.  Today I am linking up with Ashley at Just Reed for her Ten Pin Linky. 
This week's topic is writing.  I must admit that writing is not my favorite thing to teach, so I am always looking for creative ways to make it more meaningful for my students.  Here are some of my favorite writing pins.

First up is this amazing anchor chart from Cara at The First Grade Parade.  LOVE it!
I absolutely love these monthly creative writing packets from Ashleigh's Education Journey.  I use them with my Daily 5 Work on Writing center and as morning work.  She has one for every month.
I plan on using this writing activity from Amy Lemons at Step Into Second Grade during the first weeks of school to introduce Work on Writing.
Last year I purchased this unit from Hope King at Second Grade Shenanigans.  My kiddos LOVED it!   Their writing was so creative!
The final products turned out pretty cute!
This year I plan on using this anchor chart as a pre-writing activity before completing the activities in the unit and creating the snow globes. (No link available)
This is a great anchor chart for teaching the attributes of poetry. It is also from Cara!  I have anchor chart envy whenever I see her creations!
Here's an idea for getting kids to add more details to their writing.  This would make a great mini-lesson.

I absolutely love Ladybug's Teacher Files.  Last year I created her CRAFT board in my classroom to enhance my Daily 5 instruction.  This year I will be adding her VOICES board to accompany my Six Traits instruction.
Two of my favorite TpT purchases are these writing task cards from Sunny Days in Second Grade.  I use them as journaling prompts for Work on Writing.  I purchased both bundles so that I have prompts for each month.

And finally, a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon.  Hopefully, these writing ideas will have a better effect on the kids in my class than they did on Calvin!
Click on any of the pictures above to take you to the original links for the ideas and products.  And... if you are not already following me on Pinterest, I'd love it if you would click that button at the top of my page too!!




No comments:

Post a Comment