Image Map ">

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

I am linking up with Farley for the first Currently of the new year.  I simply cannot believe that it is 2014 already!  It seems like just yesterday I was sitting here typing my first Currently of 2013!  
 
Listening:  We are 2 1/2 hours into the new year and everyone in my house is fast asleep!

Loving:  This new year.  I am always excited about starting the new year.  It is like a blank slate, just waiting to be filled.  I can't wait to see what the new year has in store for me!

Thinking:  It's been a really long day, and I should get to bed.  I also want to read a few more chapters of Insurgent before nodding off...I am obsessed with this series!

Wanting:  This past year was a whirlwind in many ways.  Since we were so busy, it left little time for being organized.  I am vowing to change that, both at home and at school.

Needing:  I have been toying with a few different words for my OLW.  Last year's word was FAITH, and boy did it get me through some really tough times!  This year I want a word that can have as much of an impact on me as my last word did.  I have a few in mind, but one is really speaking to me right now.  I am going to live with it for another day to see if it still feels like the right one.

Tradition:  Every year, as soon as we wake up (since my two darling daughters can't wait another moment) we open gifts.  Once we are through, we eat a wonderful breakfast casserole and drink North Pole Smoothies.  Then we relax for a little while before getting ready and heading to my brother's house for our family Christmas celebration.

Here's to a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!!

4 comments:

  1. I seriously LOVE the look of your blog! I am in the process of redesigning my whole blog and blog name, so I really like to see all the different looks of the blogs out there. What state do you teach in? I taught 15 years in Texas but am now teaching English in Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide on my word either! Last year it just came to me...not this year! I love how optimistic all your answers are! I need to find a way to get organized as well.
    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  3. OLW - such a good idea. I had never thought of having a word for each year...I like it. I already know what my word will be for this year. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My whole house was asleep 2 ½ hours before midnight. lol! Have a great New Year!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete