Image Map ">

Sunday, August 26, 2012

A New Adventure

A year ago my life as a teacher was changed dramatically. 

For the previous ten years or so, I felt as if I were just going with the flow as a teacher.  I would go about my day, teaching the curriculum that I was given, and doing a pretty good job of it.  I felt somewhat stagnant though.  It was the same thing year after year. 

Then I discovered the world of educational blogging.  My whole world as a teacher changed.  For the first time in years, I felt excited about what I was teaching.  I was quickly finding teachers who shared the same philosophies as educators that I did.  I read about the things that they were doing in their classrooms, and figured out ways to adapt the projects and lessons to the needs of my own classroom and curriculum.  I felt as though there was a new purpose to my teaching.  I was excited about teaching and my students were excited about learning!

Now it's my turn to give back.  I am hoping that you will find some inspiration here at the Lodge.  Come have a seat by the campfire.  We are just getting started!



No comments:

Post a Comment